Bryn Pharma was founded by patients who are personally affected by anaphylaxis. The concerns of patients and caregivers like us have informed our approach. Our experience has fueled our drive to find A Better Way. Too many anaphylaxis attacks go untreated — or treatment is delayed — for two key reasons: first, because current emergency epinephrine devices rely on needles, which many people fear or aren’t prepared to administer; second, because many people simply don’t carry the appropriate dosage with them (or carry any dosage at all) because the current devices are too big and bulky. We are creating a practical solution to help our community address these challenges and better manage their daily lives with severe allergies.
If approved, UTULY™ will be one of the first innovations to emergency epinephrine treatment in fifty years. Epinephrine is the only approved treatment for anaphylaxis. In the early 1900s, epinephrine was developed as a synthetic drug and became widely used in medicine. In the 1960s, doctors started prescribing patients at risk of anaphylaxis a vial of epinephrine and a syringe to manage the condition. In 1987, the FDA approved the first epinephrine autoinjector. For the last 35 years, the autoinjector has become the most popular treatment in outpatient settings. Today Bryn is working to innovate on this long-standing standard of care by developing epinephrine nasal spray.
The Controller will report to the Chief Financial Officer and will own all accounting and reporting activities for Bryn Pharma. This individual will have high visibility and exposure to the entire C-suite and the Audit Committee. In addition, this person will manage the relationships and work closely with external auditors and other financial vendors. A successful candidate will act as a trusted financial partner with primary responsibility in leading, designing, and executing the period end close process and the development of complete and accurate financial statements. This individual will be comfortable in startup environments and building financial systems that maintain GAAP, SEC reporting, and SOX compliance.
- Lead budget variance and profitability reporting and advise C-suite on actionable strategies to improve financial results.
- Maintain good financial standing and compliance with the SEC, the IRS, and auditors.
- Work closely with auditors on financial audits, the standup of accounting policies, financial statement validation, and IPO readiness.
- Drive the Finance function IPO readiness and execution, including S-1 drafting and review, financial statement preparation, SEC reporting, SOX compliance, and Tax reporting.
- Manage AP, AR, Treasury, Tax reporting, and other core financial operations in a compliant and efficient manner.
FOR THIS ROLE YOU WILL NEED:
- At least 8 years of Accounting & Finance experience, with recent experience as a public company Controller or similar role in the pharmaceutical industry.
- CPA certification required.
- Demonstrated ability to manage all aspects of SEC reporting for a public company.
- Demonstrated ability to lead a successful and efficient period end close process, identify potential issues, and rectify as needed while keeping key stakeholders informed.
- Ability to manage senior internal and external stakeholders on cross-functional projects and priorities, including Tax and Legal.
- Ability to balance multiple priorities and ambiguity in a fast-paced environment by planning, problem solving, and managing to results.
- Ability to wear multiple hats in support of other financial areas as needed.
- Effective communication and relationship-building skills; ability to demonstrate humility and mutual respect to internal and external stakeholders, including senior business leaders, board members, scientists, and other professionals and colleagues at all levels of an organization.
- Demonstrated integrity and sound judgement.
- Energetic and passionate for mission-driven work.
- Prior experience working in a small pharmaceutical business is a plus.
- Prior experience working on an IPO is a plus.
Our offer to you:
By joining Bryn Pharma you will be a part of a dynamic and energized team where you will be able to provide input into impactful decisions and be a part of shaping our company’s future. The skills and business insight you gain will serve as an invaluable foundation toward developing your career with us.
Our inclusive company culture brings unique perspectives and embraces diversity of thought. We actively seek to hire and develop the best and brightest team members from all backgrounds, ensuring our continued success into the future.
This role offers a competitive compensation and benefits package, as well as a unique opportunity for professional development and exposure as we build the organization from the ground up.